Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Exchange 2007 SP3 - Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 - Reason=0

Hey Everyone,

I ran into a really annoying situation last night and I thought I would post. This post is mainly for IT administrators or people who are setting up Exchange Server and are having issues with OWA. So after installing a brand new install of Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 and Exchange 2007 SP3 (very important SP1 is not supported if you have a DC which is a 2008 R2) on a member server within the domain. I tried to test out OWA to see if it was up and running and I came to find a blank page with a url that got redirected and at the very end a reason=0. So after 3 hours of researching and people having similar problems and trying their solutions or variations there of. I started to go back to basics (least service). I ended up removing the cas role and then rebooting the server. Making sure all of the pre reqs were installed by a script that was generously given to me by Brad Nelson from Global-Techforce.com and then rebooting once more. After the reboot I re-installed the cas and what do you know? It works! Must of been something very simple that exchange either missed or I missed. This is why scripting is so important. I have posted a list of all the commands and steps I have taken below:

Step 1: open command prompt and cd to the location of the install files

Run the following command (Removes the Client Access Role)
setup.com /mode:uninstall /role:c

Step 2: Reboot the server

Step 3: Install all pre reqs just in case (by script)
Open PowerShell (Run as Admin)

add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework,RSAT-ADDS,Web-Server,Web-Basic-Auth,Web-Windows-Auth,Web-Metabase,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console,WAS-Process-Model,RSAT-Web-Server,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-Digest-Auth,Web-Dyn-Compression,NET-HTTP-Activation,RPC-Over-HTTP-Proxy

Step 4: Reboot the server

Step 5: ReInstall the Client Access Role (same direction as Step 1)
setup.com /mode:install /role:c

Step 6: Should be up and working

Well, this is all I have to say about the issue. If you every run into something similar I hope this help you out.


Thanks For Reading,
Mike D.
E. mike@mytekki.com
~ " From Implementation to Training " ~
     ~ " I'll let MyTekki handle this " ~

No comments:

Post a Comment